It's no secret that even though fashion is my first love, I am slightly obsessed with buying and trying new beauty products. One day, just for kicks my boyfriend counted how many products I use on a daily basis. Grand total: 19 (mind you, he counted the contents of my makeup bag as one product). Slightly high-maintenance? Possibly. That being said, I've tried a lot of beauty techniques and decided to make up a list of 5 tricks that never fail. Enjoy!
1. Wash your makeup brushes. I never realized how important this is until I started doing it. Think about it: you smear these brushes on your face everyday, bacteria gets caught and is reapplied to your face the next day, even after you wash it. GROSS. I have generally clear skin, but was still breaking out. I started washing my brushes, and my skin cleared up almost immediately!
How To: run your brushes under water, take a bit of shampoo in your hand, rub the brush in, rinse, lay out to dry.
2. Curl Your eyelashes. I love how big my eyes look after using an eyelash curler. Many people skip this step because they don't like using an eyelash curler. Trust me, it's worth it!
3. Drink Water. Something so basic we forget to do it, drinking lots of water is not only good for you, it clears up your complexion. Beauty starts on the inside people!
4. Don't load your hair with products. Applying tons of products to your hair makes it sticky - not pretty. I read an article about how using the bare minimum (a spritz of volumizer and maybe some light-hold hairspray) is the secret to Pantene-shampoo-commercial-perfect hair. I tried it, and was pleasantly surprised by that piece of advice. My hair was lighter, shinier, and just prettier in general.
5. Place your blush on your cheekbone, not below it. Try placing your blush slightly higher than you normally would, it gives your entire face more lift and definition.
image courtesy of google.com